Kristen BP
Mrs. Meadows
A-B period
October 6.
Bobby´s Baseball Glove
I stared at the glove and knew it was perfect. I remember him playing with it, so happy. He was a red headed boy, most of them are really grumpy but he was more than nice. I loved him. Even do he was younger than me; he was like a role model.
It was almost his birthday and I needed to get him something. He was so hard to buy a gift for, because he was so simple that you never knew what he liked and what he didn´t like. But this time my gift had to be perfect. I thought about buying him a Slinky. Even do it was the most popular toy , he didn´t seem to be so interested in it , so I didn´t. Maybe he did liked it but he didn’t show it, so I was really confused. One day before his birthday, I went walking down Adam Street, when I saw this peculiar store. It was full of all kind of toys. Finally I said. I ran into the store, it was beautiful. But like I said, I didn´t have any idea of what to buy him. I went through every line of toys when I saw something. A glove. I remembered him talking a few weeks ago that he liked baseball. Then it hit me. I had to buy him a glove!! It was the perfect gift. I went to every glove looking for a lefty. Until the very end that I saw one. The very single one. It was kind of rotten, so I went looking for the owner. I found the owner and said ¨hey sir; do you happen to have another lefty baseball globe? ¨ The owner nodded. I didn’t have any other choice.
I went home and tried to clean as good as I could. It got better, but not perfect.
The day came and it was all rapped up. I was so nervous. I couldn´t wait. Finally he woke up and he opened the gift. The smile in his face was not normal. He started crying and then he hugged me. ¨Thank you! that is exactly what I wanted you are the best! I love you. ¨ He said. I couldn´t helped, tears felt from my eyes to.
First thing he did when he had it was write poetry in it. I was surprised. But then I read them, and they were incredible. He was so intelligent.
Day after day we practiced. He was so good!! I thought one day he could even be in the big leads! Until that day. October 4th of 1945. We were practicing and he passed out. I was so worried. He was diagnosing with leukemia. Even do his red hair felt of and he was not allowed to play baseball, his smile every time he saw me never disappeared. And that’s how I remember him always been happy, but he dying, marked me forever.
This needs to be revised!
ResponderEliminar