jueves, 19 de enero de 2012

The Problem We All Live With

    The painting,  The Problem We All Live With. Was commemorated by Norman Rockwell on November 14 1960.  In this painting they were commemorating  the day that Ruby Bridges went to her first day of school in a school of white people. There was a lot of controversy and people didn´t wanting Ruby to be there but she finally made it through with courage and a lot of security.

  When I first saw the painting I thought something totally different. I thought that maybe   she was and important person followed by bodyguards to protect her.  Now, that I know the story I can understand that it was a memorable time in history when a black girl went to a school for whites for the first time.

  Now that I understood what It was, I could see a lot of new details like:  the graffiti drew on the wall behind her there is KKK that means Kukus Klan, and Nigger. When she was walking they threw things at her ,so in the wall you can see a tomato.

  The artist intention is to always remember this memorable moment and you to discover the little details  that he drew.

  In this painting I see everything perfect.  When I see it I can totally picture it on my mind.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario